All suppliers (further mentioned as “sellers”) are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products and their details on Sourcing.eco. Seller offenses and prohibited content can result in suspension of the according seller’s account.
This policy requires that sellers act fairly and honestly to ensure a safe sourcing experience. All sellers must:
- Provide accurate information to Sourcing.eco and Sourcing.eco visitors at all times
- Act fairly and not misuse Sourcing.eco’s features or services
- Not attempt to damage or abuse another Seller, their listings or ratings
- Not attempt to influence customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews
- Not send unsolicited or inappropriate communications
- Not operate more than one account on Sourcing.eco without a legitimate business need
Violating the Suppliers’ Policies or any other Sourcing.eco policies may result in actions against seller’s account, such as cancellation of listings, suspension or forfeiture of payments, and removal of selling privileges. More details about these policies are below.
Seller must provide accurate information to Sourcing.eco and buyers, and update the information if it changes. For example, this means that seller must use a business name that accurately identifies seller’s business and list products in the correct category.
Seller must act fairly and lawfully and may not misuse any service provided by Sourcing.eco. Examples of unfair activities include:
- Providing misleading or inappropriate information to Sourcing.eco or buyers, such as by creating multiple pages and accounts for the same supplier or a product or posting offensive images
- Providing bogus business licenses or company/ product certificates
- Artificially inflating web traffic (using bots or paying for clicks, for example)
- Attempting to damage another Seller, their listings or ratings
- Allowing other people to act on your behalf in a way that violates Sourcing.eco’s policies or your agreement with Sourcing.eco
Ratings, Feedback, and Reviews
You may not attempt to influence or inflate buyers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews. You may request feedback and reviews from your own customers in a neutral manner, but may not:
- Pay for or offer an incentive (such as coupons or free products) in exchange for providing or removing feedback or reviews
- Ask buyers to write only positive reviews or ask them to remove or change a review
- Solicit reviews only from customers who had a positive experience
- Review your own products or a competitors’ products
You may not send unsolicited or inappropriate messages.Customer Information
If you receive buyers’ information such as addresses or phone numbers, email etc, you may use that information only to discuss orders and other business-oriented topics. You must not share or sell buyers’ information to any third-party.
Multiple Accounts on Sourcing.eco
One supplier may maintain one account and use it for products listing and accepting orders. You may not duplicate your accounts if they represent the same business (supplier’s company or supplier’s factory). Sourcing.eco reserves the right to remove the duplicate accounts without notice.
Filing Infringement Notices as an Agent or Brand Protection Agency
Sourcing.eco understands that many brands may choose to have brand protection agencies or agents report intellectual property infringement on their behalf and accepts submissions from authorized agents. However, Sourcing.eco does not permit sellers with active selling accounts to file infringement notices as an agent of a brand when the filing of those notices could benefit their own selling account (through removing competing listings, for example).